First and foremost, let me just give praises to my Almighty Lord and Savior!
I’m 35 and I’m ALIVE! Woo-hoo!
“I’m all the way up and nothing can stop me!” Ayyyee!
Over the past couple of years, you guys (yes, you Xpressionists!) have been reading my posts and engaging with me here at the virtual town of Blog Xpressions.
I do have a kick-booty “about me” page outlining who I am and the purpose behind the curtains of Blog Xpressions.
In honor of my 35th birthday, I thought it would be pretty cool to list out 35 things that you probably didn’t know about me.
I hope you have fun reading them and I am certain that most of you fall into these same categories!
(5) Foods That I Love
- Bread. Of any kind. Sandwich bread. Muffins. Cornbread. Rolls. Biscuits. Croissant bread. And the dinner rolls from Texas Roadhouse…addicted! I am a beast with the yeast, hence these ever growing hips of mine.
- Pasta (my favorite kind is the Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo from Olive Garden…LOVE!)
- Fried Fish (as if I needed anymore fried in my life – don’t judge me!)
- Mexican Foods (all of it!)
(5) Foods That I Hate (Yuck!)
- Peach Cobbler (yea, yea, I know I should LOVE this stuff, right? Well, I don’t!)
- Banana Pudding (the texture of it just makes my skin crawl!)
(4) Animals I’m Afraid Of:
(8) Classic TV Shows That I Can’t Get Enough of (but they all say a lot about who I am):
- Good Times – I grew up with older siblings and cousins around. They watched this show all the time. I’m hooked…forever.
- The Jeffersons – See #1 for explanation
- Sanford & Son – See #1 for explanation
- The Golden Girls – Not sure when I got hooked on this show, but I’m glad I did. I still stream this classic on HULU and laugh my tail off like it was my first time watching it. My friends say I’m old. And I just say: “Thank you for being a friend!” LOL!
- Matlock – I love Andy Griffith’s character on this show. Reminds me a little bit of my grandpa in some ways. Very smart, frugal and wise. And a little grumpy at times.
- Walker, Texas Ranger – I got a secret. I used to be obsessed with Ranger Trivette in those jeans! The show attracted me because it was different and plus I’m from Texas, so naturally, I was interested.
- In the Heat of the Night – See #1 for explanation. Oh, and you gotta admit, the opening song is catchy. “In the heaaaaaat of the night!”
- What’s Happening? See #1 for explanation
(4) Hobbies That I Can’t Seem to Shake (but, I’m not trying to!)
- Blogging (ok, you probably knew about that one, what gave it away? Ha!)
- Watching classic TV shows (there’s 8 for heaven’s sake! See the category above)
- Dining at restaurants (so remember how I talked about my hips with the bread? Yea, this dining thing could be a contributing factor.)
- Playing with new technology. I’m a gadget girl. I love it! More like smaller gadgets, though (cell phones, tablets, cameras, etc.)
(1) Thing That Surprised Me (Still does)
- I participated in the 2003 Miss Houston USA competition. Loved watching pageants growing up and I decided to participate. I had a little fun. Definitely not what I imagined. I was hoping for Miss Congeniality vibes. NOT! I will say it was pretty awesome competing with former Miss USA, Crystal Stewart, who is now an actress on Tyler Perry’s, For Better or For Worse.
(3) of my greatest achievements
- Discovering the powers of GOD at an early age (this deserves its own blog post!) “I luh God, you don’t luh God, what’s wrong with you?” Love that song!
- Becoming a mother of 1 (nope, don’t plan on having any more children. I love da kids, but I’m good with just one!)
- Becoming a wife to a magnificent man (“I’s married now,” and he’s super sweet! Hey honey bun! You better be reading this post, by the way!)
(5) Things People Say to My Face (All the time!)
- “You have such a great attitude!”
- “I love that you smile. I can never tell when you’re having a bad day!”
- “Mom, I love you!” (This one gets me every time! I love you too, Jayden!)
- “Are you having more kids?” (Ummm…that will be a no. See the “greatest achievement” category) In my Randy Jackson voice, “it’s a no for me dawg!” Ha!
- “Hey, you’re such a beautiful woman, can I take you out sometime?” (No, for real, I get that ALL the time. Hubby, are you still reading this? I promise I say, “no, I’m married!”)
So, what do you think? Do we have any commonalities? I’m sure we do. Share them in the comments below and also share a little something about YOU. This will make a great conversation.
I cannot wait to read them and LAUGH!
I love receiving birthday presents!
All I need is a digital one. Share this post or any other of my posts on your favorite social media networks.
[ap_divider color=”#ff0080″ style=”dotted” thickness=”5px” width=”100%” mar_top=”20px” mar_bot=”20px”]
Like this post? Share it & pin it for later!